Mail Carrier Cover Letter
Mail Carriers are in charge for delivering mail to clients in urban and rural areas. Essential responsibilities of a Mail Carrier include setting up routes, delivering packages, securing envelopes, placing letters in mailboxes, collecting payments, asking people to sign for the receipt of package, selling stamps, answering to people’s questions on postal services, maintaining records of deliveries, identifying incorrectly addressed mail, and insuring parcels and letters.
A successful Mail Carrier should be able to demonstrate the following skills and abilities throughout his or her cover letter:
- Knowledge of postal operations
- Good orientation
- Stamina and physical fitness
- Attention to details
- Communication and interpersonal abilities
- Computer competences
- Problem-solving abilities
- Time management
Similar job abilities and qualifications can be observed in the sample cover letter displayed just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Mail Carrier Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Cohen:
Upon learning of your posting for a Mail Carrier, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As an organized, reliable, and self-motivated professional prepared to excel in providing key mail handling support to the United States Postal Service, I am prepared to strongly contribute to your objectives in this position.
My background in fast-paced, detail-oriented environments has positioned me to excel in this role. With a talent for receiving, sorting, and delivering a variety of mail, along with my excellent oral and written communication skills, I offer you dedication to your organization’s mission as well as a commitment to driving the success and longevity of the USPS through comprehensive support and service.
My relevant experience includes…
- Thriving in the expansive mailroom for a large multimedia entertainment company; sorting and collecting mail, delivering letters and parcels, obtaining signatures, and collecting COD payments when necessary.
- Delivering mail consisting of letters, circulars, magazines, catalogs, and small packages to more than 170 departments and individual offices spanning multiple buildings.
- Maintaining and replenishing supplies and merchandise required to facilitate seamless and speedy mail delivery.
- Earning formal commendation and praise for delivery performance, consistently receiving zero service-related complaints.
- Using my excellent interpersonal skills to foster personable relationships with personnel across company departments.
- Excelling at balancing multiple tasks while providing first-rate organization, prioritization, and problem-solving skills.
My abilities in mail coordination and delivery are strong, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment at the USPS. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome.
Thank you for your consideration, and I hope to hear from you soon.
Joseph D. Haley
I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Postal Service (Detroit, MI) in August 2016.
I applied for the CCA position in Clio, MI on May 1, 2016. I was sent an assessment that same day, it was a personality exam and I passed. I scheduled the 2nd exam the next day and I passed. I got a 77.90. The lowest you can get is a 70. If your score is below that then you will be ineligible for all the positions with the post office. On May 17, I was sent a vehicle background test and I turned that in that same day. I was on the Pre-hire list for Clio, MI. On July 13th I applied for another CCA position in Detroit and Troy, MI. I was scheduled to attend both interview for August 2nd and 3rd of 2016. I went to the Detroit post office and I told them I had another interview with the post office in Troy and they said they will be notified. After the interview I was sent to an office to get my fingerprints taken. I have not heard from anyone since then, but when I checked the website, it says I'm on the hiring list.
- What would you do if a dog was coming towards you while you are delivering mail?
Have you ever worked outside in the elements?
Do you have cash handling experience? Answer Question